The Student Room Group

Ordinary degree and then apprenticeship

Hello there, I am starting my third year of university after struggling in my second year. I talked to my progression team and they said I failed one module so I am lacking 30 credits out of the usual 360 for a bachelors degree, they said I can either retake that module next year (I already repeated a year beforehand so I won't be able to do that because student finance) or I can settle and graduate with an ordinary degree.
What can I do after getting an ordinary degree? Can I do an apprenticeship? What can I do to remedy this? I really messed up and I feel lost now
Reply 1
Original post by Kuroiessek619
Hello there, I am starting my third year of university after struggling in my second year. I talked to my progression team and they said I failed one module so I am lacking 30 credits out of the usual 360 for a bachelors degree, they said I can either retake that module next year (I already repeated a year beforehand so I won't be able to do that because student finance) or I can settle and graduate with an ordinary degree.
What can I do after getting an ordinary degree? Can I do an apprenticeship? What can I do to remedy this? I really messed up and I feel lost now

hey, an ordinary degree is still a degree so it shouldn’t be too bad. Usually for apprenticeships you only need a-levels/b-tec level 3 qualifications. It depends what you’re looking at ig. It seems like it’s just one module you failed, so are they allowing you to take this alongside your third year studies? if so give it a go and try and pass and if not at least you’ll still get a degree of some sort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending