The Student Room Group

post exam

it’s been like a month after alevels and after how atrocious 2/3 of my chem exams went i keep getting flashbacks of my answers just as i’m about to sleep. it’s so frustrating cause i knew the answers but as a result of my panicking i second guessed myself too much & the thought that those small second guesses potentially ruined my chances of medicine is great

How do i stop this. I am so scared for results day & it doesn’t help that i want to do med and resists would make it harder to reapply (taking a gap)

like the absolute worst case would be that I got a C and at that point i don’t even think i could resit cause majority of the unis saying you would need B minimum to resit
I was worrying a lot about my Chemistry last year too. In the end I managed to stop worrying by thinking that there's nothing you can do to change the outcome, so why worry? Easier said than done, I know, but you have to try. You might have done better than you anticipate and are worrying for no reason! Maybe it helps if you assess what are the possible outcomes of results day and make a plan for each outcome - there is always something you can do to get into Medicine. It might mean more effort, less chances of success and many complications, but there are several routes into Medicine and really, it's only over whenever you call it over.

Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
it’s been like a month after alevels and after how atrocious 2/3 of my chem exams went i keep getting flashbacks of my answers just as i’m about to sleep. it’s so frustrating cause i knew the answers but as a result of my panicking i second guessed myself too much & the thought that those small second guesses potentially ruined my chances of medicine is great

How do i stop this. I am so scared for results day & it doesn’t help that i want to do med and resists would make it harder to reapply (taking a gap)

like the absolute worst case would be that I got a C and at that point i don’t even think i could resit cause majority of the unis saying you would need B minimum to resit

If you've tried your best think about that, that's all you could have done and if you didn't learn from it to try your best next time just in life in general. You'll be fine either way, lifes about doing the best you can.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard
I was worrying a lot about my Chemistry last year too. In the end I managed to stop worrying by thinking that there's nothing you can do to change the outcome, so why worry? Easier said than done, I know, but you have to try. You might have done better than you anticipate and are worrying for no reason! Maybe it helps if you assess what are the possible outcomes of results day and make a plan for each outcome - there is always something you can do to get into Medicine. It might mean more effort, less chances of success and many complications, but there are several routes into Medicine and really, it's only over whenever you call it over.

Good luck!

this reply helped so much fr, thank you. I’ve thought about all scenarios & although it’s infuriating after trying my hardest ur right at least it wouldn’t be impossible to still get in somehow (hopefully)

thank you very much again this eased my stress a whole lot (:

Quick Reply

Latest