The Student Room Group

Foreign police/crimes check for teaching degree

Hey guys, I did British Council in Spain for eight months and I came back to the UK on June 1st. I'm starting a teaching degree in August with compulsary school placements. I was unaware until recently that because I worked with children in Spain, I need to obtain a 'certificado de delitos de naturaleza sexual' (sexual crime certificate) before I can teach in the UK. I cannot apply in person due to no longer living in Spain so I attempted to apply online. They require a proof of identity check over zoom, which I did, but due to the fact that my residency card is two months out of date, they refused me (despite my picture being on the card and me having my passport). I literally cannot get this certificate any other way. Has anyone been in a similar situation that can give me advice? I emailed my uni and theyre out of office until 7 August. I also emailed the UK embassy in Spain who were extremely unhelpful and the Spanish government portal enquiries page, again extremely unhelpful.
Reply 1
Original post by darceyjw
Hey guys, I did British Council in Spain for eight months and I came back to the UK on June 1st. I'm starting a teaching degree in August with compulsary school placements. I was unaware until recently that because I worked with children in Spain, I need to obtain a 'certificado de delitos de naturaleza sexual' (sexual crime certificate) before I can teach in the UK. I cannot apply in person due to no longer living in Spain so I attempted to apply online. They require a proof of identity check over zoom, which I did, but due to the fact that my residency card is two months out of date, they refused me (despite my picture being on the card and me having my passport). I literally cannot get this certificate any other way. Has anyone been in a similar situation that can give me advice? I emailed my uni and theyre out of office until 7 August. I also emailed the UK embassy in Spain who were extremely unhelpful and the Spanish government portal enquiries page, again extremely unhelpful.

Contact your university ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending