The Student Room Group

Should I feel guilty, for not coping in a privilege position?

I am in a privilege position, I work in a really known well company.

I tell myself everyday how grateful I am, people would dream to work at my company.

However I am suffering from mental health issues anxiety, low confidence/poor self esteem.

I can't cope. There are people at work who can help with mental health issues but I'm worried everyone in my team will find out about it.

Because I'm in a privilege position, I think I'm just supposed to be "happy" all the time, have the stiff upper lip and get on with my job.

I am so grateful like I said before, I love my job, my colleagues are amazing.

But I'm really am struggling to cope. I was given contact details by my boss for a point of contact to seek help, guess I'm just expected to get on with things.

I've been to therapy at least 3 times now separately, I'm trying to pick up the things I've learnt from these sessions

Should I feel guilty, for not coping in a privilege position? Any advice
Original post by Anonymous
I am in a privilege position, I work in a really known well company.

I tell myself everyday how grateful I am, people would dream to work at my company.

However I am suffering from mental health issues anxiety, low confidence/poor self esteem.

I can't cope. There are people at work who can help with mental health issues but I'm worried everyone in my team will find out about it.

Because I'm in a privilege position, I think I'm just supposed to be "happy" all the time, have the stiff upper lip and get on with my job.

I am so grateful like I said before, I love my job, my colleagues are amazing.

But I'm really am struggling to cope. I was given contact details by my boss for a point of contact to seek help, guess I'm just expected to get on with things.

I've been to therapy at least 3 times now separately, I'm trying to pick up the things I've learnt from these sessions

Should I feel guilty, for not coping in a privilege position? Any advice

No need to feel guilty. Mental health is a problem you find everywhere in society. Just focus on getting better. Take the help you get and if you feel uncomfortable to seek help at work, get it privately.

Quick Reply

Latest