The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

UoM Accommodation

Hi, is anyone else struggling with applying for accommodation? the system has been down for over a month now and I left it quite late to even apply. would it be too late to apply when the system does work again and am I going to be at a disadvantage as I will apply in august? I just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing similar issues and if that is going to harm my accom choice?? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by candlelover8
Hi, is anyone else struggling with applying for accommodation? the system has been down for over a month now and I left it quite late to even apply. would it be too late to apply when the system does work again and am I going to be at a disadvantage as I will apply in august? I just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing similar issues and if that is going to harm my accom choice?? Thank you

HI IM IN THE SAME SITUATION.
I literally accepted my offer on the deadline day, and thought what could go wrong, I have months. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVERRR, im so stressed like we have a month of summer left and they just keep pushing the portal being fixed further and further away, it's actually a joke at this point. Also not to mention people have already received their accom offers and we haven't had the opportunity to even APPLY for ours. I'm actually in shambles rn the way I'm gonna be living on the street is becoming a reality is scary.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by aleen1
HI IM IN THE SAME SITUATION.
I literally accepted my offer on the deadline day, and thought what could go wrong, I have months. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVERRR, im so stressed like we have a month of summer left and they just keep pushing the portal being fixed further and further away, it's actually a joke at this point. Also not to mention people have already received their accom offers and we haven't had the opportunity to even APPLY for ours. I'm actually in shambles rn the way I'm gonna be living on the street is becoming a reality is scary.

omg im so glad im not the only one feeling dumb for leaving it last second. all I wanted was a room with an ensuite but that's not looking likely because there are people with confined accoms already :frown: its fine though, I'm sure manchester has nice bridges we can live under 🥲
Hiya, don't panic! I'm an unconditional offer holder (gap year) so got my accommodation offer back at the start of june (!) following applying mid springtime. I haven't even been able to properly access my offer or accept it though so I wouldn't freak out. As far as my understanding goes their system got hacked so their accommodation system is nonfunctional atm, so none of us can really do anything right now as stressful and annoying as it is. System should be up soon though according to this https://www.manchester.ac.uk/cyber-incident/?utm_source=https%3a%2f%2fe.manchester.ac.uk%2fuomstudentslivelz%2f&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Website+comms%3a+OH+Email&utm_term=Email&utm_content=358553&gator_td=4e19CJVw1pVqlS6eDoGQcbP8uU0h1SuCU28NtjB5uwgH1ZnYWzaE%2bKTsJqwaEDn4pAClK%2f62c%2bXPZVXuxk0lWwjqBODUnbwdyGtUbX7GF1MEnXr%2bDH4Sk3k8%2bauTZ%2flEZuldggt3Ek0DgfrsTSALNZffvzo6blpA7KbgB%2bGcef21RoEaAXrWq%2fvjs6JTYhmHHrQX7NYOcqXnPGj6HouxhX3O0G1LC1Nci2iTd7E925I%3d#d.en.918358

I'd keep an eye out and apply as soon as you can but if you're facing problems, we all are and it isn't your fault! Hope you get where you're hoping for :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending