The Student Room Group

Today is my birthday and alone

Hi all.

Today is my birthday, 29 July 1991. I turn 32. (This account is named after my pigeon who passed away last year ) but I have no friends to celebrate with nor has anyone wished me. I have friends but you cant call the close or real friends. They all have their own cliques or the ones who I do talk to regularly either don't know my birthday or have forgotten about it.

I have a complicated relationship with a guy who shares the same date as me (29th but his birthday is in August) and he hasn't wished me but we do get along and have feelings but he has issues with commitment so we are stuck in acquaintance mode. I wasn't expecting from him anyway since hes not my friend.

Its not new as I have been spending the last 3 birthdays alone. this year, I cant go out or do anything special since I am actively working to fill out job applications to get a stable job and I have two interviews on 1st and 2nd of August as well as application deadlines on the 3rd and 7th and a few more lined up.

I do realise that I no longer feel the need or urge to go out and meet friends for long hours as I am finally content with myself but at times, the thought does arise that I wish I also could celebrate with many people since I see such posts often.

How do I get rid of such lingering thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

happy b day :smile: i dont rlly know what to say tbh ha but i wouldnt worry about it. things allways get better
:birthday:
Original post by BubzthePidge
Hi all.

Today is my birthday, 29 July 1991. I turn 32. (This account is named after my pigeon who passed away last year ) but I have no friends to celebrate with nor has anyone wished me. I have friends but you cant call the close or real friends. They all have their own cliques or the ones who I do talk to regularly either don't know my birthday or have forgotten about it.

I have a complicated relationship with a guy who shares the same date as me (29th but his birthday is in August) and he hasn't wished me but we do get along and have feelings but he has issues with commitment so we are stuck in acquaintance mode. I wasn't expecting from him anyway since hes not my friend.

Its not new as I have been spending the last 3 birthdays alone. this year, I cant go out or do anything special since I am actively working to fill out job applications to get a stable job and I have two interviews on 1st and 2nd of August as well as application deadlines on the 3rd and 7th and a few more lined up.

I do realise that I no longer feel the need or urge to go out and meet friends for long hours as I am finally content with myself but at times, the thought does arise that I wish I also could celebrate with many people since I see such posts often.

Take control of your life…. Do something which satisfies you and gives you purpose
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
:birthday:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by revo349
happy b day :smile: i dont rlly know what to say tbh ha but i wouldnt worry about it. things allways get better

Thanks a lot. Will do!
Reply 6
Original post by B7861
Take control of your life…. Do something which satisfies you and gives you purpose

Currently its the stressful job hunting :frown:
Currently its the stressful job hunting :frown:

Do you have any qualifications? Maybe GCSEs? What are you interested in? Do you enjoy exercising? Try the gym…. The gym has saved sooo many people
Reply 8
Original post by B7861
Do you have any qualifications? Maybe GCSEs? What are you interested in? Do you enjoy exercising? Try the gym…. The gym has saved sooo many people

Yes I have Masters degree and work in R&D at a university in London

I love painting esp oil painting but unable to paint these days due to no time
Yes I have Masters degree and work in R&D at a university in London

I love painting esp oil painting but unable to paint these days due to no time

Have you considered online tutoring? It’s not full time just do it whenever you’re free. A great company is purpleHR and they pay 15-20 £ hr . I’m 18 and do it for explore learning but their pay may be too little for you. But defo check them out. PurpleHR and explore learning. Both might have vacancies on indeed or check their website
Reply 10
Original post by B7861
Have you considered online tutoring? It’s not full time just do it whenever you’re free. A great company is purpleHR and they pay 15-20 £ hr . I’m 18 and do it for explore learning but their pay may be too little for you. But defo check them out. PurpleHR and explore learning. Both might have vacancies on indeed or check their website

Thanks. Will check this out.
Reply 11
Happy BIRTHDAY woooooooooo.
A blessing to see another year🤗
Happy Birthday! :biggrin: :colone: :biggrin:

There is no shame in celebrating it alone! Go get yourself some ginger beer and let loose :colone:
Reply 13
Original post by Callicious
Happy Birthday! :biggrin: :colone: :biggrin:

There is no shame in celebrating it alone! Go get yourself some ginger beer and let loose :colone:

Thank you @Callicious ! I was thinking of getting some nice drink!
Reply 14
Original post by xox416
Happy BIRTHDAY woooooooooo.
A blessing to see another year🤗

Thank you so much @xox416 means a lot!!
Thank you @Callicious ! I was thinking of getting some nice drink!

I'll drink a guinness toast to you rn! :colone:
IMG_20230729_164248.jpg
Any excuse to have guinness! Even a random persons birthday!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 16
IMG_20230729_164248.jpg

HHAHA OMG thank you and hope you enjoyed your drink!
Hi all.

Happy Birthday.
IMG_20230729_164248.jpg

A cold bev is needed…
HHAHA OMG thank you and hope you enjoyed your drink!

Original post by Wired_1800
A cold bev is needed…

Actually just finished it- that's my second beer of the day (I got my first pay for my first job yesterday, and thanks to having no income until now I get a few months 100% tax free thanks to how the allowance works!) and I'm celebrating my money, and now the pigeon Bubz birthday!

If they're within distance of Crawley they're free to come for the pomegranate chicken I'm cooking tonight :rofl: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest