The Student Room Group

My birthday is coming up. I don't want to spend it with any family.

I booked it off Work and now I want to cancel it and go to Work instead.

I seem to like being at Work more, compared to other people's company. I just stress out too much with people outside Work so I can't really take it so I'd probably just buy a few treats and spread them to people at Work and that be it.

Is that an idea I should take in?

I just don't want to go anywhere for a long time except my workplace and to the shops when I need to.
Reply 1
If you believe that is the best decision for you, then proceed. However, I suggest thinking about inviting some friends or colleagues from work to make your day more memorable.
Have a wonderful birthday
Reply 3
thanks.

I will just buy them some cakes and spread them round the desks as I feel I will be happier alone for a while.

I generally don't feel comfortable with human interaction, hence I never had visits after I moved out as I didn't want any
Reply 4
Original post by Trollstation
To be honest, you sound like a moron. they probably don’t wanna spend it with you either . just sod off somewhere

the post you're making solidifies you are quite a sad person yourself, feeling you have nothing better to do than scribble horrible things over the Internet
Can’t you just take the day off and chill at home by yourself??
Original post by Anonymous
the post you're making solidifies you are quite a sad person yourself, feeling you have nothing better to do than scribble horrible things over the Internet

Just ignore this creature. Look at their name
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I booked it off Work and now I want to cancel it and go to Work instead.

I seem to like being at Work more, compared to other people's company. I just stress out too much with people outside Work so I can't really take it so I'd probably just buy a few treats and spread them to people at Work and that be it.

Is that an idea I should take in?

I just don't want to go anywhere for a long time except my workplace and to the shops when I need to.

Just take the day off and stay at home, if your family asks, say your burned out from work and need a day alone.
Reply 8
I'm assuming you are an adult, in which case you have no obligation to spend your birthday with your family if you don't want to. I hope you have a nice day whatever you choose to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending