The Student Room Group

Gap Year Help

I’ve taken a gap year and feel like I’ve wasted it so far. I’m self employed so don’t really get out the house much other than for runs every other day or so. I wanted to take a gap year to work on mental health/finances/deciding what I actually want to do in my life. But honestly I don’t think my mental health has improved since finishing exams. I still feel unmotivated and constantly exhausted even though I’ve been pretty lazy so far. I don’t want to get to the end of the year and feel like I’ve not achieved anything so please some ideas of how to make your gap year really count would be so appreciated!!
Reply 1
Also I’ve tried contacting some local employers for work experience in a few areas of interest, but none have been that helpful. How should I go about securing work experience? Especially in environmental
Reply 2
Original post by rycbar.123
Also I’ve tried contacting some local employers for work experience in a few areas of interest, but none have been that helpful. How should I go about securing work experience? Especially in environmental

Just keep asking. Go in person
Reply 3
Original post by rycbar.123

Rspb always want volunteers.Also a lot more of councils have environmental projects on the go.National Trust also want volunteers.Just do not expect to be paid.
Reply 4
Yeah try the Rspb or National Trust. Have you also thought about doing some online courses e.g. languages. This might show you have done something productive.

Quick Reply

Latest