The Student Room Group

is there a toxic competitive environment in top uk unis

hi guys, i’m from france and in some top unis here for subjects like law there is a really toxic environment sometimes. For example, if you ask one of your classmates for help, they might deliberately give you a false answer. Or let’s say you left your computer at the library to go fetch a book, well someone might delete your work. So i was just wondering, is the same environment in top Uk unis? thanks!!
Original post by zarraa23
hi guys, i’m from france and in some top unis here for subjects like law there is a really toxic environment sometimes. For example, if you ask one of your classmates for help, they might deliberately give you a false answer. Or let’s say you left your computer at the library to go fetch a book, well someone might delete your work. So i was just wondering, is the same environment in top Uk unis? thanks!!

lol no this is mostly an American thing. British degree results aren't graded on a curve (i.e your grades are not dependent on how your classmates do) so there is none of that. and in any case, Brits aren't serious enough about their education to do this in general.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending