The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Uni

How lenient is Portsmouth uni with people applying through clearing? Do they let most people in the course, specially finance and accounting? What can I do to increase my chances of getting in to that course through clearing?
Original post by Anonymous
How lenient is Portsmouth uni with people applying through clearing? Do they let most people in the course, specially finance and accounting? What can I do to increase my chances of getting in to that course through clearing?

If Portsmouth manage to fill their Accounting and Finance course by confirming that place of firm offer-holders and insurance offer-holders who haven't been accepted by their firms choice, then they won't be lenient at all - the course will already be full. However, if the course isn't full, then they'll likely look at "near miss" candidates first. If that doesn't fill the course, they'll likely open it to Clearing applicants.

As you will know, for Accounting with Finance BA (Hons) they ask for ABB–BBB. However, they's typically not what their students actually get. According to The Uni Guide (using data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency), the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" for Accounting with Finance students at Portsmouth are Mathematics (D), Business Studies (C) and Economics (C). That would tend to suggest that in the past they've been quite flexible with grades. (Source)

Note, however, that this does not necessarily mean that they will be this year.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending