The Student Room Group

Missed sqa exam due to health issues

I want to study medicine and it requires BBB/BBC at advanced higher. I’m predicted a B in maths and missed this exam. I have a letter from the doctor and I’ve submitted it to the school. Will the SQA look at my evidence and give me my predicted grade? I’m really anxious and it’s only making me feel more unwell
Reply 1
Depends if it was really serious, if you handed the letter into school, and they didn't say anything, pretty sure they will look at it. Read this for further details: https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Your-Exams-2023.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by KRRI5H
Depends if it was really serious, if you handed the letter into school, and they didn't say anything, pretty sure they will look at it. Read this for further details: https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Your-Exams-2023.pdf

I’ve spoken to my school and they said they would Request the service and submit my info :smile: I’m more scared about if sqa will lower my grade to a C or D or if they just use predicted grades. Thank you for your help though!
Reply 3
Original post by Kindlef345
I’ve spoken to my school and they said they would Request the service and submit my info :smile: I’m more scared about if sqa will lower my grade to a C or D or if they just use predicted grades. Thank you for your help though!

I mean I think that’s why they have us do so much evidence right? In case something happens and you can’t do the exam? I wouldn’t worry about it I’m sure it will all work itself out. Hope you feel better soon.
Hey

Sorry I realise I’m late to this post but I was in a similar boat last year, I missed one of my exams due to having broken my wrist (my dominant) and with the circumstances there wasn’t any time to arrange ASN or anything so I had to miss it.

However I got a B in the end because I’d done well in my prelim and previous tests/assignments they used that as evidence so they’ll take yours into consideration. If you’ve been predicted that grade and you’ve been doing well enough in ur previous tests etc to back it up you should be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Just in case anyone is wondering, I ended up getting a C :smile: but it’s okay cause I met my Univeristy conditions
(edited 8 months ago)
Just in case anyone is wondering, I ended up getting a C :smile: but it’s okay cause I met my Univeristy conditions

Well done, what did you end up getting for your other subjects and where are you planning on studying?
:yay: Well done you
Reply 8
Original post by hogwarts master
Well done, what did you end up getting for your other subjects and where are you planning on studying?

In the other 2 I ended up getting Bs :smile: my conditions for med at St Andrews was 2Bs and I only got the offer after the maths exam (which I missed) so when I found out I was so relieved
Reply 9
Original post by 04MR17
:yay: Well done you

Thank you!
In the other 2 I ended up getting Bs :smile: my conditions for med at St Andrews was 2Bs and I only got the offer after the maths exam (which I missed) so when I found out I was so relieved

How many papers did you miss?
Reply 11
Original post by Muttley79
How many papers did you miss?

I only missed the maths papers
I only missed the maths papers

All of them? In England you would not get a grade at all ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending