The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing assignment 2023

Hi, has anyone done the Computing Nat 5 assignment for 2023? I’ve already finished the web design section with ease, but I’m struggling on the software development bit with the electric cars and kW rating.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GTTan345
Hi, has anyone done the Computing Nat 5 assignment for 2023? I’ve already finished the web design section with ease, but I’m struggling on the software development bit with the electric cars and kW rating.

i need help with it
Reply 2
Original post by frirzy123
i need help with it

Hi, I made this post about a year ago from session 2022/23. I did ok in the assignment, but i will give you a few tips as I assume ur doing the assignment from session 23/24.

1) Focus a lot on software development as it is the component that gives u the most marks. Make sure to revise lots of techniques on that.

2) The assignment is open book, use that to your advantage. The BrightRed N5 Computing book is very good for assignment purposes and you can therefore get lots of help from it. Using previous SQA marking instructions/ understanding standards are also very helpful when doing the assignment, especially if it is very similar to the task ur doing. It helps u understand what the SQA wants.

I wish you good luck for this assignment as it makes up 30% of ur grade. Picking up marks is very easy in the assignment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending