The Student Room Group

AI/Plagiarism in Coursework for BTEC IT

Hi I am in Year13 I am aware that AI exists and people can use it for their coursework, I haven't used it however I ran my work through AI detectors as I was curious whether it would classify as AI and some parts did. So I am confused. Does Pearson run AI checks? Will I be disqualified if they find it? etc.
Original post by marcelamorosa
Hi I am in Year13 I am aware that AI exists and people can use it for their coursework, I haven't used it however I ran my work through AI detectors as I was curious whether it would classify as AI and some parts did. So I am confused. Does Pearson run AI checks? Will I be disqualified if they find it? etc.

Pearson have issued AI and plagiarism guidance to all centres. Your School / College will use a checker and should spot it. If they don't and your work is sent of as one of the samples (randomly picked by Pearson), it will be spotted by the external verifier. 'Students who misuse Artificial Intelligence (AI) such that the work they submit for assessment is not their own will have committed malpractice, in accordance with JCQ regulations, and may attract severe sanctions'. https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Quality%20Assurance/btec-centre-guide-to-plagiarism.pdf
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2

Nahhh bro your good just tell ai to make it sound human and use a paraphrase on top of it. More time they don't even care they only care if you have met the pass , merit or distinction criteria's. I did an engineering Btec in year 11 smashed a distinction only using AI.
Reply 3
Institutions don't use the free AI detectors you can use. They have much ore accurate ones, which are expensive, because you get what you pay for. They won't flag you for AI if you didn't use AI.
So I used AI for my coursework( devising portfolio) for drama (OCR) back in December and now I have find out the possibility that it could be canceled. However I had submitted the same work as a first draft and there were no comments about AI. Should I just redo the pages I used AI for ? Should I just leave it? Because it's my teacher marking it and then some portfolios are sent to check if our teacher is marking correctly. Please help me with I should do.
Original post by fatimagailani
So I used AI for my coursework( devising portfolio) for drama (OCR) back in December and now I have find out the possibility that it could be canceled. However I had submitted the same work as a first draft and there were no comments about AI. Should I just redo the pages I used AI for ? Should I just leave it? Because it's my teacher marking it and then some portfolios are sent to check if our teacher is marking correctly. Please help me with I should do.
Has anyone actually flagged your coursework for AI content, or are you worrying only because you yourself know you used AI?

AI detectors are notoriously inaccurate, so unless you've left in things like "I am an AI tool but I will answer as if ..." or "Regenerate response", it's more likely that your coursework would be flagged for plagiarism than for AI content.

So, if your coursework hasn't been flagged, then you could probably relax about it.

If your coursework has been flagged, then the most likely scenario is that your AI content included plagiarism that you didn't spot (probably because you didn't read the sources directly yourself).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending