The Student Room Group

HELP!!!!!

I used chat gpt to get ideas for my english language NEA i used several plagiarism checkers just to make sure it's not plagiarized are AQA gonna realize 😖
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by idkidkidkidk101
I used chat gpt to get ideas for my english language NEA i used several plagiarism checkers just to make sure it's not plagiarized are AQA gonna realize 😖

A plagiarism checker is looking for non-original content - i.e work which is already published but which you claim is your own original work. ChatGPT generates original text, so a plagiarism checker is unlikely to spot it.

Instead, you (and AQA!) want to be using an AI Detector. See the "How To Check for ChatGPT Writing" section on this page, which contains links to several different AI Detectors.
(Original post by DataVenia)A plagiarism checker is looking for non-original content - i.e work which is already published but which you claim is your own original work. ChatGPT generates original text, so a plagiarism checker is unlikely to spot it.

Instead, you (and AQA!) want to be using an AI Detector. See the "How To Check for ChatGPT Writing" section on this page, which contains links to several different AI Detectors.

do exam boards use chat gpt detectors?

I don't know. It's not really in their interests to advertise how they check for malpractice.
so i used a few ideas but created my own assignment and also referenced websites i used shouldn't be a big problem should it? coz i can justify my work?

Original post by DataVenia
I don't know. It's not really in their interests to advertise how they check for malpractice.
so i used a few ideas but created my own assignment and also referenced websites i used shouldn't be a big problem should it? coz i can justify my work?

If what you submitted was you own work, and ChatGPT was only used to source some ideas - in the same way that one might use a standard Google search - then I'm sure you'll be fine.
Been using chatGPT since it dropped and as long as you paraphrase it cant be detected.
Reply 7
Original post by username001345
Been using chatGPT since it dropped and as long as you paraphrase it cant be detected.

for sure i second your opinion:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by username001345

i used it for all my cw lets see what happens ofc i changed few words
Reply 9

Update?
Reply 10
Original post by Destiny129
Update?

Didn’t get caught thank god…. Passed the NEA in the end 😂😂
(Original post by DataVenia)A plagiarism checker is looking for non-original content - i.e work which is already published but which you claim is your own original work. ChatGPT generates original text, so a plagiarism checker is unlikely to spot it.

I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure they are going to use it since ChatGPT has become such a big thing now - I wouldn't risk it if I were you.
Original post by Hi1020
Didn’t get caught thank god…. Passed the NEA in the end 😂😂

the AQA examiners reading this would start crying
Reply 13
Does anyone know if they check for computer science code. Around 50% of my NEA code is chatgpt and I'm scared
Original post by Knair17
Does anyone know if they check for computer science code. Around 50% of my NEA code is chatgpt and I'm scared

JCQ (the body of which all the exam boards are members) has written a paper entitled "AI Use in Assessments: Protecting the Integrity of Qualifications", here.

It says, "The JCQ awarding organisations’ staff, examiners and moderators have established procedures for identifying, reporting and investigating student malpractice, including the misuse of AI."

With regards to automated detection tools, it says: "These tools could be used as a check on student work and/or to verify concerns about the authenticity of student work. However, it should be noted that the above tools, as they base their scores on the predictability of words, will give lower scores for AI-generated content which has been subsequently amended by students. The quality of these detection tools can vary and AI and detection tools will continue to evolve. The use of detection tools should form part of a holistic approach to considering the authenticity of students’ work; all available information should be considered when reviewing any malpractice concerns."

So the advice is clearly that these tools should be used. Whether or not your exam board actually uses such tools is less clear. Which exam board are you with for Computer Science?
Reply 15
Original post by DataVenia
JCQ (the body of which all the exam boards are members) has written a paper entitled "AI Use in Assessments: Protecting the Integrity of Qualifications", here.

It says, "The JCQ awarding organisations’ staff, examiners and moderators have established procedures for identifying, reporting and investigating student malpractice, including the misuse of AI."

With regards to automated detection tools, it says: "These tools could be used as a check on student work and/or to verify concerns about the authenticity of student work. However, it should be noted that the above tools, as they base their scores on the predictability of words, will give lower scores for AI-generated content which has been subsequently amended by students. The quality of these detection tools can vary and AI and detection tools will continue to evolve. The use of detection tools should form part of a holistic approach to considering the authenticity of students’ work; all available information should be considered when reviewing any malpractice concerns."

So the advice is clearly that these tools should be used. Whether or not your exam board actually uses such tools is less clear. Which exam board are you with for Computer Science?

AQA, i've put mine through different checkers, some say high % AI others say low % AI
Original post by Knair17
AQA, i've put mine through different checkers, some say high % AI others say low % AI

I can't see any specific indication that AQA use AI detection tools when moderating the NEA component for Computer Science A level. However, the exam board likely won't see your work anyway (unless it's one of those randomly selected for moderation). Responsibility for assessing the work and for assigning a mark, lies with your school / college. They may opt to use an AI detection tool. Has your school / college given any indication they they might?

Of course, there are other ways of detecting work which is not your own (either because it's AI-generated, or because it's just been copy/pasted from the internet). Suggested approaches are mentioned in the JCQ paper I linked to above. They could well look out for things like variable names using American spelling, the coding style changing throughout the code, anything which looks like it's clearly beyond what they believe you're capable of.

Have you looked through you code with those kind of things in mind. Does it look like you might have written it yourself?
i used chat gpt to get ideas for my english language nea i used several plagiarism checkers just to make sure it's not plagiarized are aqa gonna realize 😖

girl idk i need help too!!!!!!!
I NEED DESPERATE HELP! I used chat gpt for my drama devising log (ocr) and now I have been told the consequences of it. However my teacher didn't pick up on it when I submitted in the first draft and has not made any comments about AI or chat gpt. Should I redo the pages I did for my portfolio? I'm not sure if the portfolio goes through specific AI checking. Can someone please help me with this

any updates on this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending