The Student Room Group

Cooking

What does it mean to know how to cook? Can I say I know how to cook if I follow recipes online?
I’ve been cooking for my family recently but I’ve been following recipes to make them, and they’ve all come out well.
Then you know how to cook. Over time you will get more practice and need recipes less often - or gain the confidence to adapt them - but being able to follow a recipe and make something that people want to eat is a great starting point
i think if you can follow a recipe correctly and know the skills needed then you can cook. as you cook the recipes more and more you will become a more confident and skilled cook but even really good cooks still use recipes
Good point. To know how to cook without any recipe is completely different to how to cook without one. If you can cook by a recipe, I would say that you are good at cooking, but if you can make foods without recipes just by your own imagination and ideas in your mind, than you really know how to cook, as you know how to prepare, how to season and which ingredients have to combine with. As you would do this without any instructions!
Reply 4
Ye why not you can follow to cook anything you want by watching a recipe online just to concentrate ...

Quick Reply

Latest