The Student Room Group

confused on what to do academically (dentistry, btecs, retaking yr 12 ect)

how do i get into dentistry if my gcses were really bad like i didnt even pass science i only have 4 gcses and i cant do alevels, i have to do btecs, i am waiting upon my maths results i know i passed (well hopefully) then it'll be 4 gcses. (i'm 17 i'm supposed to be transitioning to yr 13 but i have to retake yr 12) do i do applied science? or will me doing health and social care be fine? i also need work experience but i'm not sure how to ask for dentistry work experience or how to find it. and when do i start doing my ucat test? please help!
do i get a job and start paying and retake the ones i need? but ive seen people py 300 for retaking science so i dont know what to do i would like to go into KCL but looking into it now it looks like i have little to no chance. please recommend more unis (ones that arent that *****y and that are in london)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bluelemons715381
how do i get into dentistry if my gcses were really bad like i didnt even pass science i only have 4 gcses and i cant do alevels, i have to do btecs, i am waiting upon my maths results i know i passed (well hopefully) then it'll be 4 gcses. (i'm 17 i'm supposed to be transitioning to yr 13 but i have to retake yr 12) do i do applied science? or will me doing health and social care be fine? i also need work experience but i'm not sure how to ask for dentistry work experience or how to find it. and when do i start doing my ucat test? please help!
do i get a job and start paying and retake the ones i need? but ive seen people py 300 for retaking science so i dont know what to do i would like to go into KCL but looking into it now it looks like i have little to no chance. please recommend more unis (ones that arent that *****y and that are in london)

Man said no *****y universities. Bro you'll be lucky to make it into any uni for dent you have 4 gcses, you need a more humble approach. Forget Londoon unis your only hope is this course in plymouth. https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bds-dental-surgery-with-integrated-foundation-year
Original post by drdent
Man said no *****y universities. Bro you'll be lucky to make it into any uni for dent you have 4 gcses, you need a more humble approach. Forget Londoon unis your only hope is this course in plymouth. https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bds-dental-surgery-with-integrated-foundation-year

im not going to travel for something i dont want, plymouth is so far from london. ive got it figured out anyways thanks😘

Quick Reply

Latest