The Student Room Group

Help! A-levels/Forced to retake

I'm in yr 12 and I was very ill this entire year. I managed to get decent grades in my previous mocks but during the last mocks, my illness worsened and I did terribly. I don't want to restart yr 12 as I know I have the academic ability to continue. I'm hoping my illness doesn't persist until the next academic year. However, due to my bad grades in these last mocks, my school is very adamant on making me start again. I've expressed my desperation to continue on to yr 13 but I have not heard back yet. Please can someone advise me on what I can do? I really need to continue on to yr 13 this September and I really need to apply to university this year. Please help. Thanks 🙂
(edited 9 months ago)
are you able to do both year 12 and year 13 in one year?

are you able to do year 13 at another school? though a drawback could be you need a teacher who is familiar with you to write a reference for university applications
Reply 2
Original post by beautifulworld
are you able to do both year 12 and year 13 in one year?

are you able to do year 13 at another school? though a drawback could be you need a teacher who is familiar with you to write a reference for university applications

Thanks for your reply. I've been enquiring at other places for year 13 but I'm not sure if my current one can do year 12 and year 13 in 1 year. I'll ask them. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest