The Student Room Group

Fixed!!

Fixed
(edited 8 months ago)
Did you expect your work experience to be somewhere with only other people your age?

Do you hope to spend your working life only working with people your age?

It’s only 4 more days. Get back into it and see what you can learn. Even if you’re learning what you don’t like that’s a worthwhile use of a week.

Work isn’t 100% enjoyable - if it was then you wouldn’t be paid to do it.
Reply 2
Original post by 230623
So i joined this programme and i was giving work experience at this marketing company for a week which i thought would be great but my first day went so horrible. There is no one my age, everyone is older than me and i have nothing in common with anyone so every conversation is so awkward and i feel so out of place. The work experience itself is not what i was expecting. I have to travel at peak hours for the rest of this week and everything is so damn expensive to be somewhere i don't enjoy but i am not getting paid. I feel bad to say directly i'm not enjoying it tho, because they are on the surface nice to me and i feel like someone else could've used this oppprtunity more. How can i get out of for the rest of the week?

If you want to leave, I think you should directly tell them so that if there is someone else who wants to do this, they can contact them asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending