The Student Room Group

GP and uni issues

I take daily medication, and soon starting hormones. I am starting uni in Sept and I am not sure how to navigate the GP related issues. I assume i sign up for my local GP but then how do I manage the holidays? Do I just travel back down to Univeristy for when I need my monthly HRT and meds or does my GP naturally change for when I am back in my home town. Not sure the right answer and cant seem to find anything on google. Thanks.
Original post by fruitloopdinguss
I take daily medication, and soon starting hormones. I am starting uni in Sept and I am not sure how to navigate the GP related issues. I assume i sign up for my local GP but then how do I manage the holidays? Do I just travel back down to Univeristy for when I need my monthly HRT and meds or does my GP naturally change for when I am back in my home town. Not sure the right answer and cant seem to find anything on google. Thanks.

Hi,
When you sign-up to a GP at University you will be removed from the list of the GP at home - you cannot be registered in two places. In the holidays you can either ask your Uni GP to prescribe you more medication so it will last over the holidays, or you can do a temporary registration at the GP near your home while you are there.
I hope this helps,
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi,
When you sign-up to a GP at University you will be removed from the list of the GP at home - you cannot be registered in two places. In the holidays you can either ask your Uni GP to prescribe you more medication so it will last over the holidays, or you can do a temporary registration at the GP near your home while you are there.
I hope this helps,
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

great reply thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest