The Student Room Group

Application leniency AUB Illustration

I have applied for Illustration at Arts University Bournemouth and am wondering how important it is to have the minimum UCAS points. Does a good portfolio allow for your UCAS points to be lower than specified?
(edited 8 months ago)
You can always ring up your university and ask if they are usually able to accept applicants with lower grades
Hi there,

First of all, thank you for you interest in AUB hopefully we can put some of your worries to rest ahead of results day!

So generally speaking, if an applicant doesn’t quite meet their entry requirements, our Admissions team will assess the application holistically. We look back at any interview feedback, personal statement, references, portfolio and any additional information that was submitted to support your application. This is done on a case-by-case basis, however we endeavour to make adjustments where we can.

We hope to welcome you to AUB and wish you all the best in your results, our team will be on hand on results day via phone and email ([email protected]) if you have any queries at that time too!

We hope this helps and we wish you the best of luck!

AUB ☀️

Original post by Tsparrow1105
I have applied for Illustration at Arts University Bournemouth and am wondering how important it is to have the minimum UCAS points. Does a good portfolio allow for your UCAS points to be lower than specified?
Reply 3
Original post by Arts University Bournemouth – Uni Rep
Hi there,

First of all, thank you for you interest in AUB hopefully we can put some of your worries to rest ahead of results day!

So generally speaking, if an applicant doesn’t quite meet their entry requirements, our Admissions team will assess the application holistically. We look back at any interview feedback, personal statement, references, portfolio and any additional information that was submitted to support your application. This is done on a case-by-case basis, however we endeavour to make adjustments where we can.

We hope to welcome you to AUB and wish you all the best in your results, our team will be on hand on results day via phone and email ([email protected]) if you have any queries at that time too!

We hope this helps and we wish you the best of luck!

AUB ☀️

Will i be able to resend my portfolio in a powerpoint format as I used a website that deleted my portfolio after i meant to temporarily disable my subscription

Quick Reply

Latest