The Student Room Group

Why everything so hard

We have to learn we have to study but why exams and courseworks so hard and we have to many things to do I don’t believe we learned it we only trying to pass . Anyone?
Reply 1
The exam system in the UK is designed that way - it is created so that not everyone can pass. A certain percentage of people get the top grades, a certain percentage of people get the untraceable and the failing grades and the rest call somewhere around the middle. It's designed so that we're not in competition with the exam, we're in competition with each other.
And that is why everything feels so difficult.
Reply 2
Original post by A2324
The exam system in the UK is designed that way - it is created so that not everyone can pass. A certain percentage of people get the top grades, a certain percentage of people get the untraceable and the failing grades and the rest call somewhere around the middle. It's designed so that we're not in competition with the exam, we're in competition with each other.
And that is why everything feels so difficult.

Thank you for your reply. Yes that’s exactly true. I love the system but I find extremely difficult 🤔
Reply 3
Do you think that there is a better way to do GCSE grading? Idk myself but I've been thinking for ages and I can't think of anything that would have its own baggage.
Reply 4
Original post by namehasbeen
We have to learn we have to study but why exams and courseworks so hard and we have to many things to do I don’t believe we learned it we only trying to pass . Anyone?

Life is hard.

Good,

Now we have accepted that, time to get on with it, knowing it will be hard.

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by hotpud
Life is hard.

Good,

Now we have accepted that, time to get on with it, knowing it will be hard.

Good luck!

Thank you
Original post by A2324
Do you think that there is a better way to do GCSE grading? Idk myself but I've been thinking for ages and I can't think of anything that would have its own baggage.

I think there is a better way to do GCSE’s all together not just the grading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending