The Student Room Group

schoolwork stress

I'm soon going to be in year 13 and although I've enjoyed making friends this past school year I've been struggling to cope with the schoolwork and as a result of failing one of my mock exams, my mental health has gotten so much worse. In year 11 I had similar periods of some low moods and had quite serious anxiety where I'd have panics maybe twice ( three times a week towards the end). I explored going on medication however in the past I've also had some issues with health anxiety and so the side effects labelled on the medications really put me off and would make me even more anxious. So towards the end of year 11 I managed to get in school counselling therapy which was really helpful for me as by this point I was bunking off multiple lessons and for about a week I had school refusal. I'm just really dreading year 13 and Im wondering how I'll be able to cope. The school I am at now does not offer in school counselling like my old school and I don't want to get counselling outside of school as my weekends will be chock-a-block as Ill be revising and I have extra currucular clubs and lessons. If I did do counselling that would mean having even less time to study and that would make me even more stressed. I think something that would help would be if I had a tutor for my hardest subject but I'm not sure my parents can afford it. It seems like every time I try to come up with a solution its a catch 22. I would really appreciate if anyone can provide a helpful input!
You could try to learn some revision strategies in order to get better at your hardest subject.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest