The Student Room Group

Applying to civil engineering without physics

I did biology, chemistry and maths at A levels with the intention of doing medicine, but I no longer want to do medicine. I saw on multiple universities for civil engineering they accept maths with any science, but was wondering if they prefer students with physics and if there’s any point applying to civil engineering degrees without physics
Original post by Sbeyahusu
I did biology, chemistry and maths at A levels with the intention of doing medicine, but I no longer want to do medicine. I saw on multiple universities for civil engineering they accept maths with any science, but was wondering if they prefer students with physics and if there’s any point applying to civil engineering degrees without physics

If you have the required grades in the required subjects it is definitely well worth applying. Civil engineering generally isn't too competitive. If you select a few "safer" universities (i.e. those whose grade requirements you exceed) then you are very likely to receive an offer.
Hi @Sbeyahusu ,
It's great that you are interested in studying engineering , it is a multidisciplinary field and there are so many opportunities in different industries. Don't stress to much about not having physics especially if you have decent Maths marks, that is far more important. Be aware that most universities will offer an engineering foundation course and you can apply to that course to get into the university you want without physics.
Just be sure to pick a university that has an accredited engineering program as that is critical if you want to become a chartered engineer one day .
I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck with all your applications !
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest