The Student Room Group

H&M presentation

Hi! Just got invited to a H&M interview on Friday and she told me to prepare a presentation about myself just hobbies and that sort of thing and it only has to be a few minutes long. She made it sound very laid back but I was wondering when she says presentation does she mean a physical PowerPoint or what?
Original post by Darceyab
Hi! Just got invited to a H&M interview on Friday and she told me to prepare a presentation about myself just hobbies and that sort of thing and it only has to be a few minutes long. She made it sound very laid back but I was wondering when she says presentation does she mean a physical PowerPoint or what?

Hi there!

While I haven't worked or had an interview for H&M before, it sounds to me that the phrasing she used was quite vague, so I would leave it to personal choice. If you would feel more comfortable presenting with a powerpoint for prompts then I think that's a great idea. You may want to bring a laptop or something with you though to present it with unless they asked you to email any resources you had to them. If you were really unsure about what to do, then you could practise the presentation with and without the powerpoint there just in case they were not expecting this approach.

If you would rather complete peace of mind, you could email back and ask for clarification. They may find this to be proactive and show your interest in making a good impression for the job.

Good luck with the interview and I hope you get the job!

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending