The Student Room Group

needing part time job :((

hey guys I'm 17 in sixth form with a decently flexible timetable and I've been looking/applying for jobs since last summer yet I've been unsuccessful (mostly retail around central London). if anyone has any advice or can help me in any way I would much much appreciate it. I can work up to 20 hours weekly
Online job boards such as Indeed can be a good place to start, but sometimes a little frustrating. I applied to a lot of jobs on Indeed and eventually got one!
Original post by ame23
hey guys I'm 17 in sixth form with a decently flexible timetable and I've been looking/applying for jobs since last summer yet I've been unsuccessful (mostly retail around central London). if anyone has any advice or can help me in any way I would much much appreciate it. I can work up to 20 hours weekly

Why not try applying for a different sector like healthcare, you could work as a healthcare assistant or something. These jobs are high in demand.

Also, make sure your cv looks good and has the relevant info. If you need help with/ your cv I would suggest going to your careers dept and asking for help.
Original post by ame23

Try fast food places, they seem to take on a lot of students. I worked at mcdonalds. They are very flexible and took on a lot of students. They also offered the opportunity to transfer stores when going to uni etc.
Reply 4
When are you 18? I've just started a customer service job with RemFlex group. You do have to be 18 tho but it's good you work from home and pick your own hours. I'm on £10ph which will go up in a few months. Idk if they're still hiring but look on their website remflexgroup.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending