The Student Room Group

rejected from every part time job

I do not know what to do anymore , I apply and get rejected immediately I am in my early 20s and a uni student in London ; only got this as work experience : Worked as a student guide on weekends when shifts were available
My responsibilities included showing guests and prospective students through my
university's various facilities, including accommodation buildings and lecture halls
Engaged with visitors, creating a welcoming atmosphere and encouraging
questions about the university
Answered inquiries about my degree and shared personal experiences as a student
Demonstrated a positive attitude while interacting with visitors and providing
information about the university and I do not know if that is the reason but my skill list is this one :Good time management
Ability to Work in a Team
Good Communication
Critical thinking and problem
solving
Customer Service
Microsoft Office

I am mainly applying to retail stores such as urban and Tesco (I got rejected by Tesco too :frown:)
Reply 1
yeah i’ve applied for jobs for two years n have been rejected every time, it sucks. honestly most people with jobs know someone within the job which is why they get a place due to references. most jobs just expect u to have work experience yet wont hire anyone :frown:
Original post by romeeoo
yeah i’ve applied for jobs for two years n have been rejected every time, it sucks. honestly most people with jobs know someone within the job which is why they get a place due to references. most jobs just expect u to have work experience yet wont hire anyone :frown:

oh I see that makes sense it is frustrating nil ☹️
Original post by randomgirl7000
I do not know what to do anymore , I apply and get rejected immediately I am in my early 20s and a uni student in London ; only got this as work experience : Worked as a student guide on weekends when shifts were available
university's various facilities, including accommodation buildings and lecture halls
information about the university and I do not know if that is the reason but my skill list is this one :Good time management
Good Communication
solving
Customer Service
Microsoft Office
I am mainly applying to retail stores such as urban and Tesco (I got rejected by Tesco too :frown:)

Not sure how this is possible, your not applying for a grad job its a part time wagie/labour job so just make it simple and tell them you are willing to be flexible with work, do over time and willing to work holidays they will take you right away. Unless when you mean Tesco you mean the offices lmao. also dont know why you giving it a sick face Tescos a sick job
Also look for cleaning jobs they are always hiring
Good Communication
solving
Customer Service
Microsoft Office

Fast food places like mcdonalds and burger king take on a lot of students. Also try cleaning jobs, they seem to hire a lot.
Original post by Alexbantana
Not sure how this is possible, your not applying for a grad job its a part time wagie/labour job so just make it simple and tell them you are willing to be flexible with work, do over time and willing to work holidays they will take you right away. Unless when you mean Tesco you mean the offices lmao. also dont know why you giving it a sick face Tescos a sick job

Quite a few places want experience, but wont give people a job to get experience.
There are quite a few places who take on a lot of students though.
Original post by Emma:-)
Fast food places like mcdonalds and burger king take on a lot of students. Also try cleaning jobs, they seem to hire a lot.

thank you ! I feel so stupid tho but will try to apply there ; unfortunately cleaning jobs will to be possible since I am allergic to cleaning products
Original post by Alexbantana

I do not know tbh ; I mean I am also an international student and wasn't flexible before but now since the term ended I am quite flexible now, and yeah I just did not think that it is hard to work at Tesco
thank you ! I feel so stupid tho but will try to apply there ; unfortunately cleaning jobs will to be possible since I am allergic to cleaning products

Mcdonalds isnt that bad. I used to work there myself. Ended up there for 9 years (part time, full time and 1 day a week alongside other jobs).
They are very flexible as well.
Reply 10
Good Communication
solving
Customer Service
Microsoft Office

Try leisure centres I started when I was 16 and you don’t need experience to be a swim teacher or lifeguard you just need to know how to swim The pay is like £13.71 an hour and it can go up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending