The Student Room Group

Reapplying for computer science after resitting exams. Do i have a good chance.

Sorry for any mistakes i make, its my first time using the student room.
Just got my results which i didnt do well in, BBB for chemistry, physics and maths, this was mostly due to my lack of revision whcih is entirely my fault, i dont believe there is an issue with my aptitude for computer science. Naturally I got rejected from my firm and insurance I was predicted A*A*A in Math Physics and Chemistry respectively.
I am planning to retake physics and maths (I really didnt like taking chemistry so i dont want to retake it as a subject), i am confident i could get an A in both physics and maths, which a good chance for an A* in maths. Generally do unis care about resits, like if i was to have to same grades as someone who achieved the grades on their first time round, would i ever be picked over them.

Edit: forgot to mention my gcses were near perfect, so does that make my chances any better?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by jierpmshfgpq
Sorry for any mistakes i make, its my first time using the student room.
Just got my results which i didnt do well in, BBB for chemistry, physics and maths, this was mostly due to my lack of revision whcih is entirely my fault, i dont believe there is an issue with my aptitude for computer science. Naturally I got rejected from my firm and insurance I was predicted A*A*A in Math Physics and Chemistry respectively.
I am planning to retake physics and maths (I really didnt like taking chemistry so i dont want to retake it as a subject), i am confident i could get an A in both physics and maths, which a good chance for an A* in maths. Generally do unis care about resits, like if i was to have to same grades as someone who achieved the grades on their first time round, would i ever be picked over them.

Hey there :hi:
Welcome to TSR and you're all good, don't worry :hugs:

Honestly Unis don't massively care unless it's Oxbridge or a super competitive course like Medicine.
I know it's maybe not the results you wanted but these are still grades you can be proud of.

Take care of yourself today and all the best :smile:
Cheese

Quick Reply

Latest