The Student Room Group

degree apprenticeship uk

hey guys, i just got my a level results and safe to say i’m disappointed as i cannot apply for medicine but my back up was to go into finance/banking/accounting and do a gap year instead. i have no idea what degree apprenticeship are and like how to apply, what ones are the best company, courses and if it’s overall worth it due to the competition and how a likely your going to get an offer and what skills, work experience you need and where to start getting them. is anyone who’s doing one or in a similar situation help out please.
Original post by ruerue5
hey guys, i just got my a level results and safe to say i’m disappointed as i cannot apply for medicine but my back up was to go into finance/banking/accounting and do a gap year instead. i have no idea what degree apprenticeship are and like how to apply, what ones are the best company, courses and if it’s overall worth it due to the competition and how a likely your going to get an offer and what skills, work experience you need and where to start getting them. is anyone who’s doing one or in a similar situation help out please.

In a nutshell, Degree Apprenticeships are where you are employed by a company and complete either day release (e.g. 1 day a week) or block release (e.g. 2 week blocks) at university studying towards a degree. They are usually 4-5 years long but this can vary depending on employer and sector.

Just to confirm, would you be looking at degree apprenticeships in the finance/banking/accounting sector? Or something more closely related to medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending