The Student Room Group

Comic and Concept Art degree

I'm 17 and currently I'm studying games animation at Rotherham College, but I'm not sure whether I should be looking at applying for university now or moving onto a level 4 course and applying after, as I don't currently have enough ucas points stated on the minimum requirements. I'm aiming to enter Leeds Arts University and I've been told there's a chance I can still apply should I have a notable portfolio. My main worry is that I don't want to enter university later than I could have done and would prefer to apply at the average age. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by MushroomInHouse
I'm 17 and currently I'm studying games animation at Rotherham College, but I'm not sure whether I should be looking at applying for university now or moving onto a level 4 course and applying after, as I don't currently have enough ucas points stated on the minimum requirements. I'm aiming to enter Leeds Arts University and I've been told there's a chance I can still apply should I have a notable portfolio. My main worry is that I don't want to enter university later than I could have done and would prefer to apply at the average age. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Have you had a look at their shows or been round their workspaces. It does seem more common to go at 18 straight after Alevel equivalent college. I did art foundation & loved it - an extra year & so I had explored other areas. If you know already which course, get your portfolio ready & visit & apply! My nephew want to go to Staffordshire uni to do similar. He’s building his skills this year in hope to apply next year. Life drawing included. Good luck.
Reply 2
Have a talk to the lecturer running the course! Her name is Rosemary, she's a nice person :smile: You can see her work here https://www.rosemaryartist.com/, and there's an email link on that site, so you might be able to contact her through that. If that doesn't work find a general admissions / enquiry email for the university and ask for the message to be forwarded to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending