The Student Room Group

Can I avoid having an offer dependent on first year grades?

currently enrolled into first year at a uni and applied to other unis. looking to switch especially for a specific uni I've applied to. I've been struggling a lot with mental health and other problems and i don't know how I'm going to do. I want to drop out bad, but I haven't received offers from the two unis I really want, and I don't want to compromise that security I have right now being already at a decent university. I really don't want the offer contingent upon something such as first year grades..
Short answer, no.

You’ll either get an unconditional offer based on your previous grades, or a conditional one based on first year results.

If you’ve applied for year 2 entry, it’ll almost definitely be contingent on year 1 grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Short answer, no.

You’ll either get an unconditional offer based on your previous grades, or a conditional one based on first year results.

If you’ve applied for year 2 entry, it’ll almost definitely be contingent on year 1 grades.
Do you think it's worth emailing them on my intention to drop out soon, and the problems ive had in my study, or would that just be seen as irritating and turn LSE off, having emailed them already twice before?
Original post by MAKER12
Do you think it's worth emailing them on my intention to drop out soon, and the problems ive had in my study, or would that just be seen as irritating and turn LSE off, having emailed them already twice before?
I probably would let them know. It won’t make a difference in terms of annoying them or putting them off, but it will save them faffing around if they make you an offer contingent on modules you won’t be completing.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
I probably would let them know. It won’t make a difference in terms of annoying them or putting them off, but it will save them faffing around if they make you an offer contingent on modules you won’t be completing.
thanks - will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending