The Student Room Group

losing attraction after sex

I'm in my first relationship atm with a wonderful guy who really likes me. we've been together a couple of months now and i am finding the idea of sex really daunting. i am most worried that he will stop being attracted to me after we do have sex mainly because of my body but also my nervousness/lack of experience. does this ever happen?
As far as I've experienced, no, and if it does then it's a really big sign that he's toxic as hell and you should book it outta there. Often the opposite to this happens, you end up closer - bearing in mind you've said that he "really likes you", it seems more like your inner worry trying to get at your happiness, so I would do your best to ignore it when you can! GL with your BF OP❤️
Original post by Anonymous #2
As far as I've experienced, no, and if it does then it's a really big sign that he's toxic as hell and you should book it outta there. Often the opposite to this happens, you end up closer - bearing in mind you've said that he "really likes you", it seems more like your inner worry trying to get at your happiness, so I would do your best to ignore it when you can! GL with your BF OP❤️

Are you a Phat A?
People can lose attraction after sex or after getting to know a date's personality and ambitions.
It's all part of the adult dating and hookup world.

Different people often have very different attraction dealbreakers, ambitions, beauty standards and relationship expectations.
A happy and healthy intimate relationship depends upon mutual sexual attraction & compatibility, shared ambitions, compatible ambitions and relationship expectations.

Don't get worried or insecure about the odds that one person may not be the best date/ most compatible sexual partner for you.
There are huge numbers of attractive and potentially compatible singles in the dating & hookup seas.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm in my first relationship atm with a wonderful guy who really likes me. we've been together a couple of months now and i am finding the idea of sex really daunting. i am most worried that he will stop being attracted to me after we do have sex mainly because of my body but also my nervousness/lack of experience. does this ever happen?

Lack of experience with sex is something everybody who loses their virginity will have to face. I am sure he won't mind you not having experience - he might not have much either, depending on his age - it'll be a learning experience, but nothing to worry about. Remember, sex really isn't that life-changing experience people believe it is. Assuming you are a virgin, the excitement of being able to lose it is probably much more enthralling than the actual process of losing it.

As for the other things, is there anything particularly wrong with your body? If he's in a relationship with you and has been for several months, he's unlikely to worry about how you look. If there is a problem with how you look, either he hasn't noticed, doesn't care, or actually likes how you look. Don't worry about it. And when it comes to nervousness, remember what I said above - the excitement of being able to have sex is much stronger than what you might feel actually doing it. Take it slow with him when it comes to it and you'll hopefully be able to calm down.
Reply 5
Don't have sex unless you are both comfortable with it and discuss it with him, before, during and after. And the 'before' part should be several weeks in advance!
It's kind of possible tbh but I wouldn't say v common

Sometimes people can jump into bed to find out they simply aren't sexually compatible, someone can act different after they've got what they want or (mostly in the case of teenage boys) they can get a bit too attached.
Hi I am a boy trying to find a girlfriend
Reply 8
Original post by Cameron Bevan
Hi I am a boy trying to find a girlfriend

This isn't a dating site, you won't have much luck here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending