The Student Room Group

Rx Availability from US-> UK

I'm diabetic and have anxiety/depression, and I'm on 7 medications, without which, I would literally lose my mind or have issues maintaining my insulin. Who would I contact with concerns on finding a doctor immediately upon moving and if they even have my medication in Scotland? I need it to be a smooth transition medication wise.
Thank you!
Reply 1
Are you happy listing your meds? Some things not available over here. My advice would be to speak to your doctor at home and see if they would let you have a 2 or 3 month supply, and then there is no urgency to get things sorted. If you say what you take, we can advise further
Reply 2
Original post by Apachecow
Are you happy listing your meds? Some things not available over here. My advice would be to speak to your doctor at home and see if they would let you have a 2 or 3 month supply, and then there is no urgency to get things sorted. If you say what you take, we can advise further

The major ones are Mounjoro 12.5 and Lorazepam.
Reply 3
Original post by Margaux504
The major ones are Mounjoro 12.5 and Lorazepam.

Mounjoro only very recently licenced in the UK, unsure how available it is.

In the UK the guidance for Lorazepam is not for continuous use for more than 4 weeks, so you will likely need to move onto something else.
Reply 4
Bring a couple of month supply (at least) of your meds if you can. You will need to register with a GP as soon as possible after you arrive and make an appointment with them - bear in mind it might be difficult to get an appointment and it may take up to several weeks (it was a 4 week wait for appointments at my uni GP practice - I would imagine they have more urgent appointments for emergencies but that option wasn't offered to me when I called up, so...). I am not sure how healthcare works for people form the US (I believe you need to pay a certain sum when applying for your visa but not really sure) so this is definitely worth looking into before you arrive if you haven't already.

Quick Reply

Latest