The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Accommodation

Hi,

I’m from the US and have a few questions about postgraduate accommodation at KCL. Do most postgraduate students live in the provided housing or do they find their own flat to rent from? Would I regret living in KCL’s accommodation? Also, on the housing portal both Vauxhall and City aren’t shown there so is there any chance rooms would open up in these buildings or are they both already sold out?

Any insight is very appreciated!!
Hi,

From my personal experience as an international student, most people who opt for student accommodation are international students since it's the easiest way for a foreigner to secure housing before coming to London. The good things about student accommodation are that you do not need a UK guarantor and you also get to socialize with other students. The downside is mainly the price. Most housing options are utterly expensive. So If the price is not an issue then go for it! But, if you are looking for cheaper options book the accommodation for a shorter period while searching for a shared flat on the website/app SpareRoom.

Hope it helped :wink:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest