The Student Room Group

Childrens Nursing, April 2024 intake - Wolverhampton

Hi, just wanted to reach out to anyone who is starting childrens nursing in April 2024 at the university of wolverhampton (the walsall campus). I'm a little nervous about this as I'm a mature student with no prior experience is anyone feeling the same? or would just like to chat?
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Kirby D
Hi, just wanted to reach out to anyone who is starting childrens nursing in April 2024 at the university of wolverhampton (the walsall campus). I'm a little nervous about this as I'm a mature student with no prior experience is anyone feeling the same? or would just like to chat?

Hi I'm actually in the same boat as you
Reply 3
Original post by Fuz1
Hi I'm actually in the same boat as you

What and where are you going to be studying?
Reply 4
Original post by Kirby D
What and where are you going to be studying?

I'll be studying children's nursing at wolverhampton(the Walsall campus) I start in April 2024. I'm 34 and a mother of 3 young children, who has been out of education/work for about 8years now. This is my second degree but this is a totally different field. So I'm pretty nervous too.
Reply 5
Original post by Fuz1
I'll be studying children's nursing at wolverhampton(the Walsall campus) I start in April 2024. I'm 34 and a mother of 3 young children, who has been out of education/work for about 8years now. This is my second degree but this is a totally different field. So I'm pretty nervous too.

When you said we're in the same boat we really are. I'm 36, have 3 children my youngest is 7 and apart from doing an access course to apply for uni, I've been out of education for a long time. It's nice to know I'm not the only one 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by Kirby D
When you said we're in the same boat we really are. I'm 36, have 3 children my youngest is 7 and apart from doing an access course to apply for uni, I've been out of education for a long time. It's nice to know I'm not the only one 🙂

Oh yes, we are in very similar situations.
Well you aren't alone.
We will get through this new chapter together. 🙂
I still don't know when we start or have a timetable.
I'm hoping we will get that information soon.
Reply 7
Well, Thankyou for reaching out. Fingers crossed it will be soon, maybe then we will feel less nervous having more information.
Reply 8
Original post by Kirby D
Hi is anyone else having an issue with dbs and oh check? Or is everyone on the same page? Can someone pls reply I am SO stressed I don’t want to risk my place on the course. For the oh check I’ve done my questionnaire and that’s that they just said they got it and they’ll contact me if any health declarations need to be made so is that the same for everyone? Also the dbs check all I’ve done is submit my ID on the link they sent and now when I go back on ny account it says that there are no actions pending for me to do? Has anyone else gotten ahead? I’m really stressed pls help me someone. I can’t even contact the uni because the line are down because it’s hacked apparently and so is evision
Reply 9
Original post by Samhshsh
Hi is anyone else having an issue with dbs and oh check? Or is everyone on the same page? Can someone pls reply I am SO stressed I don’t want to risk my place on the course. For the oh check I’ve done my questionnaire and that’s that they just said they got it and they’ll contact me if any health declarations need to be made so is that the same for everyone? Also the dbs check all I’ve done is submit my ID on the link they sent and now when I go back on ny account it says that there are no actions pending for me to do? Has anyone else gotten ahead? I’m really stressed pls help me someone. I can’t even contact the uni because the line are down because it’s hacked apparently and so is evision
Hi I wouldn't worry, I think you have done everything you that you need to do.
OH response was the same for me and I received my dbs certificate through the post. I'm assuming if you've done everything then you will receive that too when they've checked.
Yes enrolment will be delayed but the induction day is still going ahead.
How did you receive your dbs certificate? I haven’t verified anything like go to post office I have just submitted the link they sent and now it says I have nothing left to do. What did you do after that?
Original post by Fuz1
OH response was the same for me and I received my dbs certificate through the post. I'm assuming if you've done everything then you will receive that too when they've checked.

Like I mean once you submitted the link did you do any steps after that? Because they didn’t tell us what to do afterwards unless I’m missing an email that everyone got and I didn’t?
Original post by Fuz1

I just went on the website and now seen I need to go on my tasks part of evision and pay for it on there and then I’ll get a verification sheet and then verify ID at post office but I can’t even access it because evision is locked. Why didn’t I get this info sent to me tho??? Now I’m going to have to wait whilst everyone would have done theirs.
Reply 13
I thought I had to verify with the post office because my I.D wouldn't upload.
If they haven't asked you to verify then I think everything went through fine for you.
Original post by Fuz1
I thought I had to verify with the post office because my I.D wouldn't upload.
If they haven't asked you to verify then I think everything went through fine for you.

But I haven’t paid for anything at all. I know how a dbs check works because I did it for a previous uni and I did it online and verified at the post office too. So I’m confused now
Reply 15
Original post by Sahareem04
But I haven’t paid for anything at all. I know how a dbs check works because I did it for a previous uni and I did it online and verified at the post office too. So I’m confused now
I didn't pay for anything.
Uni is covering the cost.
Original post by Fuz1

How do you set all that up then and how did you know how and when to do that because I didn’t receive any info about that? I literally just left it at doing the questionnaire and thought I’d get info about it later.
Original post by Fuz1

Like did you just go onto evision and do everything yourself or did you get instructions to do it?? I think I’m just dumb and slow lmao
Reply 18
Original post by Sahareem04
Like did you just go onto evision and do everything yourself or did you get instructions to do it?? I think I’m just dumb and slow lmao
lol.
I just followed the link I was sent via email for both dbs(know your people) and oh(Heales).
Original post by Fuz1
lol.
I just followed the link I was sent via email for both dbs(know your people) and oh(Heales).

No I know that because I got those links too but I mean where did it say to go on evision and find it in my tasks and go from there etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending