Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accepted onto UWE Bristol?

Hi guys!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Yasgm
Surely you can’t get into a course with 112 points if only reached 77 of those ..

It seems that you can. What course is this for?

For Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science (not the most competitive of courses), that ask for 112 points. That's BBC in A level terms. If we look at The Uni Guide, here, we can see that the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" in previous years were "Biology D, Geography C and Psychology C". That's just 88 UCAS points, which isn't a million miles away from your 77.

The same is true for Biological Sciences (here), Environmental Science (here), and Product Design Technology (here). They ask for 112 UCAS points, but get 88 (CCD or BDD).

Congratulations on your place at UWE! :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Yasgm
Thank you so much for all this information that’s so helpful! So it’s the Nursing course (children’s nursing ) at the University West of England in Bristol. They asked 112 tarrif points of which 15 credits merit in any science subject which I actually achieved just only at a max of 77 in total! I did have a lot of hardship the last few months which have caused me to not achieve as high as I wanted to ! I was originally planning on reapplying next year as I felt that would be better and my mentor did mention I’d have to have a personalised reference due to circumstances.. I have got a phone call planned with her tomorrow to check if anything had changed on her end. I wasn’t planning on going this year but I feel that if I did get in I will most definitely give my all from this year at uni! 😊

Hi Yasgm,

If you spoke to someone on the clearing phone line and they said you are in, I would take their word.

In some cases tariff points are reduced for clearing applications.

If you are still unsure, please feel free to message me privately and I can then look into someone contacting you for 100% confirmation.

Let me know.

All the best

Martin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending