The Student Room Group

doing a masters at bristol with a undergrad from uwe

hi i am on track to get a first from uwe and i am wondering if its realistic that i would get accepted to do a masters at bristol, my friend studies at bristol and said i might be looked at diffrently as i did not attend a russel group university, if anyone has any advice or experince it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
obviously it depends on what your undergrad was in and what your postgrad will be in, but if you are looking to do a masters in the same subject with a first then you should get in. things like work experience and internship will play a large role perhaps
Your friend is wrong.

Provided the course provided an appropriate background for the masters, it's fine.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Your friend is wrong.

Provided the course provided an appropriate background for the masters, it's fine.

Thank you! Yeah my undergrad is in maths and masters will also be in maths
Reply 4
Original post by suryanta
obviously it depends on what your undergrad was in and what your postgrad will be in, but if you are looking to do a masters in the same subject with a first then you should get in. things like work experience and internship will play a large role perhaps

Thank you! What sort of amount of work experince should I aim for?
Original post by gollingz
Thank you! What sort of amount of work experince should I aim for?

Work experience isn't necessary or even probably relevant for an academic subject such as maths.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
Work experience isn't necessary or even probably relevant for an academic subject such as maths.

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending