The Student Room Group

How to get better at computer science

Hi so I’m taking computing for a levels this year and I want to know how I can improve. I did it at gcse and got a 6 but my coding is not all the way there. Is there anything I can use to get better at coding ( I use python but also want to learn other languages), and just the subject in general??
Btw I’m doing ocr
Reply 1
Original post by Uhgtuhh
Hi so I’m taking computing for a levels this year and I want to know how I can improve. I did it at gcse and got a 6 but my coding is not all the way there. Is there anything I can use to get better at coding ( I use python but also want to learn other languages), and just the subject in general??
Btw I’m doing ocr

Im only in 4th year so there's not much I can tell you but I am skilled enough to tell you how to learn coding. I'd recommend going on online sites for coding to learn tutorials like w3schools, freecodecamp, codeacademy(you can pay for more advanced lessons but idk if it's worth it), Then once you learn tutorials you need to actually work on projects instead of just following tutorials. Examples could be like a login system, student register, basic calculator. I'd also recommend to learn how to optimise and refine your code. The more projects you do of your own alongside tutorials (doing your own projects you'll learn much more than just reading a textbook or following a tutorial) the more you'll advance and increase your skills.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Do coding every day. Do small projects like swapping strings into and out of arrays. Look on Google for ideas of small algorithms to write. But do it every day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending