The Student Room Group

Medicine GCSES resit

Hi guys
So I got my results today and as I expected I failed the subjects that can get me into A-levels to do medicine so I'm gonna retake my GCSEs I'm not sure if I should resit all of them or only the ones I failed however will medicine university or MPham accept me if I did my GCSE resit and got grade7_9?
Original post by Maloka_30
Hi guys
So I got my results today and as I expected I failed the subjects that can get me into A-levels to do medicine so I'm gonna retake my GCSEs I'm not sure if I should resit all of them or only the ones I failed however will medicine university or MPham accept me if I did my GCSE resit and got grade7_9?

did you get grade 6 or higher in both maths and eng lang? if not, resit them, as most med schools require those grades. most med schools accept gcse resits i think.
Reply 2
Original post by reubenn05
did you get grade 6 or higher in both maths and eng lang? if not, resit them, as most med schools require those grades. most med schools accept gcse resits i think.

I didn't resit anything yet I'm looking for a schools to resit but I'll try my best to achieve the highest grade,
Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Maloka_30
Hi guys

You need to research the different medical schools and their requirements, some don't mind retakes but others do.

It depends what grades you got in your other subjects, ideally you'd want 6's/7's in all of them. good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending