The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

I've just started my NEA and im doing a question on how a proposed housing plan near me will bring more pos or neg affects, so im looking at services, environmental factors and how perspective of place could change. As its a human topic im not sure how i can incorporate Spearmans rank or other maths skills does anyone have any ideas??? thanks!!!!!
Reply 1
Not sure how much help i can be here but I’m doing a human NEA as well. I’ve talked to teachers and looked online and the general consensus seems to be that if your data presentation has enough variation and different complexities - eg. Geo-located data - it’s not going to hold you back if you do not have type of data to use stats tests. Make sure to use percentages and data manipulation a lot in your analysis as well!
Reply 2
Original post by bethm__
Not sure how much help i can be here but I’m doing a human NEA as well. I’ve talked to teachers and looked online and the general consensus seems to be that if your data presentation has enough variation and different complexities - eg. Geo-located data - it’s not going to hold you back if you do not have type of data to use stats tests. Make sure to use percentages and data manipulation a lot in your analysis as well!

Tysm!!! not to sound stupid af but what is geo located data? like GIS mapping?
Original post by emilieh78911

I think emileh78911 is correct. If you have a range of presentational techniques, including graphs, maps and statistics you will be able to get high marks. Statistics can be means, medians, modes, ranges, etc. Don't use Spearmen Rank if it isn't suitable. Geolocated data is simply linking data to a place, so if you had a base map of your study area and superimposed onto this base map, data in the form of column graphs of pie charts showing how people in different parts of that area felt about the proposed development that would be geo-located.
Reply 4
Original post by emilieh78911

I’ve used ArcGIS and also using arrows to show where your data was collected. So if you have a bunch of pie charts showing the amount of second homes on different roads of a town, you then have a map with the pie charts around it and use arrows to show where on the map they were collected. You can also do the same things with photographs for a photo comparison survey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending