english lit 7
eng lang 6
maths 5 (1 mark off a 6 ugh)
religious studies 5
history 5
computer science 6
french 6

Currently doing Alevel Eng lit and Religious studies with a business btec lvl3
Do I have a chance if I work hard for my predicted grades and hopefully well on the LNAT??? I really would love to do law here
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jdieoskisis
My gcses are trash…
Combined science 5 6
english lit 7
eng lang 6
maths 5 (1 mark off a 6 ugh)
religious studies 5
history 5
computer science 6
french 6
Currently doing Alevel Eng lit and Religious studies with a business btec lvl3
Do I have a chance if I work hard for my predicted grades and hopefully well on the LNAT??? I really would love to do law here

First of all your GCSEs aren't "trash", they are around the average, but I understand that applying to KCL may make you think these are not good results. It is an incredibly competitive school and their law course is even more competitive. Since they don't actually state any requirements for GCSEs in their Law LLB course, I'm assuming that they don't actually take them into consideration that heavily, so if I were you, I wouldn't worry about your GCSE grades. Your main challenge here is the LNAT and your A levels. The cut off score this year for home students was 30 for the LNAT and this is a very hard score to get. The cut off score for international students was 27, so people have speculated that this was in order to bring in more revenue, as international students pay higher fees and generally prefer to come to London than go elsewhere for university. If you work hard at the LNAT, I'm sure you could score above 30. One of the biggest reasons I've personally decided not to apply to KCL was the LNAT, as I was not confident that I could score above 30, even through a lengthy study period. Your other issue would be your qualifications. You would need to check if KCL would accept mixed qualifications, as your BTEC in Business may be an issue - again I'm not sure so please check in case they don't accept it. You would need to have high predicted grades (A*AA is the standard A level requirement and AAB is the contextual requirement), so if you think these are grades you can achieve or will get predicted, I would definitely at least try and apply.

Good luck in your journey and I hope everything works out!
Reply 2
Original post by bibachu
First of all your GCSEs aren't "trash", they are around the average, but I understand that applying to KCL may make you think these are not good results. It is an incredibly competitive school and their law course is even more competitive. Since they don't actually state any requirements for GCSEs in their Law LLB course, I'm assuming that they don't actually take them into consideration that heavily, so if I were you, I wouldn't worry about your GCSE grades. Your main challenge here is the LNAT and your A levels. The cut off score this year for home students was 30 for the LNAT and this is a very hard score to get. The cut off score for international students was 27, so people have speculated that this was in order to bring in more revenue, as international students pay higher fees and generally prefer to come to London than go elsewhere for university. If you work hard at the LNAT, I'm sure you could score above 30. One of the biggest reasons I've personally decided not to apply to KCL was the LNAT, as I was not confident that I could score above 30, even through a lengthy study period. Your other issue would be your qualifications. You would need to check if KCL would accept mixed qualifications, as your BTEC in Business may be an issue - again I'm not sure so please check in case they don't accept it. You would need to have high predicted grades (A*AA is the standard A level requirement and AAB is the contextual requirement), so if you think these are grades you can achieve or will get predicted, I would definitely at least try and apply.
Good luck in your journey and I hope everything works out!

They accept a btec with 2 alevel (distinction, A star, A) So I can do this and if I score 30+ on LNAT I have a chance?
Reply 3
They accept a btec with 2 alevel (distinction, A star, A) So I can do this and if I score 30+ on LNAT I have a chance?

You would have a chance yes, but that doesn’t mean you’ll necessarily get in, it just means your not disadvantaged because of your results.
Reply 4
Original post by bibachu
You would have a chance yes, but that doesn’t mean you’ll necessarily get in, it just means your not disadvantaged because of your results.

Tysm I was worried from my GCSE results, I will have to work hard now then😭
What university did u study law at?
Reply 5
Tysm I was worried from my GCSE results, I will have to work hard now then😭
What university did u study law at?

I don’t study law yet, as I’m also in Year 12. Just an aspiring lawyer!
Reply 6
Original post by bibachu
I don’t study law yet, as I’m also in Year 12. Just an aspiring lawyer!

Thats awesome we’re in the same boat then, Good luck 😊

Quick Reply

Latest