The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City university - economics bsc - why are the stats low?

Is city UoL good for economics? I’ve seen some stats and seen that they’re quite low especially in comparison to royal Holloway. Also, their business school is well known and popular but econ doesn’t fall under here…and is instead part of the global affairs school.

Is the social life good at city? And are friend groups diverse? I heard now people usually stay in their own ethnic groups.
Original post by Anonymous
Is city UoL good for economics? I’ve seen some stats and seen that they’re quite low especially in comparison to royal Holloway. Also, their business school is well known and popular but econ doesn’t fall under here…and is instead part of the global affairs school.

Is the social life good at city? And are friend groups diverse? I heard now people usually stay in their own ethnic groups.

I don't think it's a top tier economics department in London, but a decent one nonetheless. If you do well here, you should be able to pursue postgraduate studies at any top uni. For job opportunities - make sure you top up your CV with good work experiences to maximise your chances of landing a good paying job.
Problem is - normally at lesser known or non-targeted Universities - students expectations are too high based purely on the course - there are other factors that come into play.
Uni is just the start.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by student_london
I don't think it's a top tier economics department in London, but a decent one nonetheless. If you do well here, you should be able to pursue postgraduate studies at any top uni. For job opportunities - make sure you top up your CV with good work experiences to maximise your chances of landing a good paying job.
Problem is - normally at lesser known or non-targeted Universities - students expectations are too high based purely on the course - there are other factors that come into play.
Uni is just the start.

Do you know any good non russel unis that are good for economics??

I get it but me not having maths as well as the grades is limiting me to those non targeted unis, although I am going to try and boost my predicted grade just for kcl but I doubt it’ll happen because I need two grades higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending