The Student Room Group

what do you call the vampire version of Lucy in exams?

Hi,
I am writing practice essays for Dracula and I was wondering if there is something specific you need to call Lucy after she transforms into a vampire to distinguish her. Can you just call her Lucy or do you have to clarify that it is the vampire version?
Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Hi,
I am writing practice essays for Dracula and I was wondering if there is something specific you need to call Lucy after she transforms into a vampire to distinguish her. Can you just call her Lucy or do you have to clarify that it is the vampire version?
Thank you in advance :smile:

I reckon you could get away with calling her Vampire-Lucy, or turned-Lucy. It’s good to recognise the distinction as the qualities and symbolism around her change. Just make sure you use a bit of AO1 to clarify that she has turned (eg. After her transformation, when Dracula changed her, when she comes back from the dead…) before using Vampire-Lucy as it just aids clarity and stops the sense of jumping around the narrative.
Original post by Micheisbbg
I reckon you could get away with calling her Vampire-Lucy, or turned-Lucy. It’s good to recognise the distinction as the qualities and symbolism around her change. Just make sure you use a bit of AO1 to clarify that she has turned (eg. After her transformation, when Dracula changed her, when she comes back from the dead…) before using Vampire-Lucy as it just aids clarity and stops the sense of jumping around the narrative.

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending