The Student Room Group

Official Year 13 Chat 2023-24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by closetarchivist
Is everyone here graduating in 2025 then? Or have you already started?

we all started in 2022 so since A levels are a 2-year-long course, we'll be done August 2024

we graduate in 2024 :smile:
Reply 62
Question (from an Australian): I know Year 13 is the final year of school for English students, but when does it start and end? It's very odd to see the same age group as me just starting when I'm 2 months away from finishing.

Usually regular school years start in September and end in July. If it is an exam year like Y11 or Y13 this can be September to June
Reply 63
hi guys , is anyone doing OCR A biology and chemistry

Original post by Clivierx
Hi guys! Studying business, graphics and media studies. I am looking to do a gap year first and move onto doing computer science with a foundation year at uni!
Hey! Thanks to open days, I have narrowed down my degree options to either neuroscience, natural science or biological sciences. I study biology, chemistry and psychology :smile:
Reply 65
Hi!
Im studying bio chem and sociology and hope to study medicine at uni.
I've already done my UCAT and now revising for BMAT
Reply 66
Original post by divineany

MEE!! how are u finding it?
Reply 67
Original post by divineany

I'm doing OCR A bio and Edexcel chem 😭
Is it just me thats terrified, no petrified of graduating?

Hi, I'm Hamish.

I'm studying Music, History and Philosophy and I'm planning to do a Music degree starting 2024. So far, I've attended open days at Cardiff Uni, Bristol Uni, Brookes, Bath Spa, Southampton Uni and Chichester. I'm planning a visit to York St John this term and that may be the last one as open days are time consuming.

I'm interested to hear anything that people have to say and will also answer any questions people have. UCAS form is all done, bar the big bit and so that's next on the agenda.
Hi! I'm really nervous and pre-stressing for this year...
-What A-Level subjects are you studying?
Psychology
Medical science
Health and Social Care
-What course are you thinking of applying for?
Learning Disability nursing
-Do you have to take any entrance exams?
Not sure
-Favourite food?
Cheese!
-What are you looking forward to doing after year 13?
Relaxing
-Hobbies and interests?

Singing, drawing, playing instruments
Original post by selenagomezfan46
Hi! I'm really nervous and pre-stressing for this year...
-What A-Level subjects are you studying?
Psychology
Medical science
Health and Social Care
-What course are you thinking of applying for?
Learning Disability nursing
-Do you have to take any entrance exams?
Not sure
-Favourite food?
Cheese!
-What are you looking forward to doing after year 13?
Relaxing
-Hobbies and interests?

Singing, drawing, playing instruments

Welcome! What're your favourite cheeses?
Original post by its.scphie
we all started in 2022 so since A levels are a 2-year-long course, we'll be done August 2024

Okay got it! I also started in 2022 except we finish in November (we start in January though). I will say doing applications at the same time as final exams is not much fun, but I also don't envy how long the process goes for everyone here.
Okay got it! I also started in 2022 except we finish in November (we start in January though). I will say doing applications at the same time as final exams is not much fun, but I also don't envy how long the process goes for everyone here.

I feel like it's worth adding that it depends on your exams etc. but usually we'll start in September, and we'll do exams between May and June (this year all A Level exams happened between 15 May-27 June iirc) and then we'll finish. If you're not in an exam year (Year 6, Year 11, Year 13) then you usually stay in for an extra month or so and finish in mid-to-late-July. Then, those who have done exams in Year 11/13 come back in to get their results in August and that's it. With all the scattered holidays throughout it's not that bad. At my college, we're in about 30-35 weeks a year.
Hey, im studying English language (aqa), drama and theatre (EdExcel) and history (aqa- Russia and tudors). Im hoping to go to uni to study primary teaching, and i love knitting and sewing, reading and spending time with my pets <3
Reply 75
Hi I study physics maths further maths and bio

I wanted to ask a question with regards to circular motion and I didn’t know where to ask this question in order to get a response so:

How do you explain why a car skids of the road when it travels at high speed at a curve or roundabout in an a level physics explanation and what does banking do?
The next year group (Today's Year 13 Classes) to graduate will be in August 2024. Those who entered in 2023 will be graduating in August 2023.
Reply 77
Hi everyone
I am currently doing biology chemistry maths and physics but am going to drop one this week, I did an EPQ last year and would LOVE to study Vet med next year at uni
Original post by -mia-
Hi everyone
I am currently doing biology chemistry maths and physics but am going to drop one this week, I did an EPQ last year and would LOVE to study Vet med next year at uni

Hey! What did you do your EPQ on?
Original post by zeasea
Hello there! I'm zeasea and I study chemistry, physics and maths. I also teach myself AS further maths. I'm planning on applying to a mix of Computer Science and Computer Science/Mathematics courses. I do have to do TMUA for the University of Cambridge, along with CSAT if I get an interview. I'm terrified, lol.

How much does your school charge for the TMUA? I'm taking it for Econ for Cambridge and my school charges £120, but my friends' schools charge £78 and £103

Quick Reply

Latest