The Student Room Group

Grades

I’m currently going into year 13 and don’t know why to do I’m taking Chemistry Psychology and Maths
I’m not sure what I’m predicted but my chemistry grade for AS level isn’t very good ( stilled passed) should I consider going through clearing next year ( since I still did well in my other two subjects )
Wait, you are going into year 13 but have done AS levels as a backup? If so you should probably use them as a wake up call and try much harder. You shouldn't consider going through clearing whatsoever as it should not be something to strive for. You have another year to work and you can make it count to boost your grades to go for a uni placement.
Reply 2
Yes I am going into year 13 but I’m worried that my predicted grade for chemistry will be low and I don’t want to go to a very bad university because of that
Original post by Noor344
Yes I am going into year 13 but I’m worried that my predicted grade for chemistry will be low and I don’t want to go to a very bad university because of that

You always have the ability to talk with your teachers about this. You might even be able to get them to predict you a grade higher if you're lucky.
If you are deadset on a top uni though you can always think about sitting the TMUA (or something to do with chemistry) that can show you are better than the predicted grade you got if you did well

Quick Reply

Latest