The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

residence halls

hello! I´ll be attending plymouth university next year to study marine biology and oceanography :smile: can anyone help me decide between francis drake and mary newman?
Original post by mar_estanqueiro
hello! I´ll be attending plymouth university next year to study marine biology and oceanography :smile: can anyone help me decide between francis drake and mary newman?

Hiya, congratulations on gaining a place at the University of Plymouth!

I am currently in my final year studying Marine Biology and Coastal Ecology. In my first year, I stayed in Mary Newman halls of residence in one of the 5 person flats and I really enjoyed my time there! In terms of differences between the two halls of residence’s… there aren’t many, and I remember being quite shocked how similar they were when visiting a friends flat in Francis Drake. Francis Drake is much larger with many more rooms and even offers studio flats, while Mary Newman has 8/9 floors of flats, on each floor being a flat of 5 and a flat of 10. Both places of a cleaner for communal areas (kitchen and corridor) and both are super centralised to everything on campus and are super easy to access with your allocated key fob and key to your room.

I’d say the only difference is the price but even that doesn’t vary that much and is then down to you to decide which one you liked the look of the most and you can see yourself living in with your future flatmates.

If you have anymore questions regarding accommodation or the course, please do let me know! :smile:

Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep :parrot:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending