The Student Room Group

Is Kumar and Clark 7th Ed still OK to use in 2023

I have a softcopy of the book 7th edition and prefer it rather than pdf, but still not sure if I can use it when the 10th edition is already available..please do enlighten me regarding this since I'm starting my clinical this year
Reply 1
Original post by Zie.NZ
I have a softcopy of the book 7th edition and prefer it rather than pdf, but still not sure if I can use it when the 10th edition is already available..please do enlighten me regarding this since I'm starting my clinical this year

It's going to be very out of date for things like investigations, management plans and guidelines. History and examination findings will be less dated.

Can you borrow a more up to date edition from the library? K&C is overkill for medical school anyway, OHCM is really the best thing for medical placements.
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
It's going to be very out of date for things like investigations, management plans and guidelines. History and examination findings will be less dated.

Can you borrow a more up to date edition from the library? K&C is overkill for medical school anyway, OHCM is really the best thing for medical placements.

Thanks BTW...I better do that then instead. Do u mind suggesting me an alternative for K&C?
Original post by Zie.NZ
Thanks BTW...I better do that then instead. Do u mind suggesting me an alternative for K&C?

Your med school should have a list of books they use. It would be best to use those ones. If you can't find the list, email them and they should be able to provide it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending