The Student Room Group

UCAT advice

my ucat is 5 days away now and I'm panicking, my scores have dropped from 2600/2700 to 2400. I'm not sure what to do and my test is so close. what should I be doing? any tips for timing?
Original post by not_jess
my ucat is 5 days away now and I'm panicking, my scores have dropped from 2600/2700 to 2400. I'm not sure what to do and my test is so close. what should I be doing? any tips for timing?

Perhaps stop practicing? My average severely dropped a week before the UCAT. I then decided to stop doing any more questions/mocks and simply tried to relax. You have one shot. Tell yourself that you have done all you can and that you will smash the test. Some tips for timing:

VR: try and answer true and false questions first. Other question format: try read the entire article quickly the first time. Try and understand the text instead of just simply skimming through it. Spot key words!

DM: -

QR: to save time and stop yourself from looking back on the data/info given, write key info and numbers down on the board given.

AR: skip if you don't instantly recognize the pattern

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Perhaps stop practicing? My average severely dropped a week before the UCAT. I then decided to stop doing any more questions/mocks and simply tried to relax. You have one shot. Tell yourself that you have done all you can and that you will smash the test. Some tips for timing:

VR: try and answer true and false questions first. Other question format: try read the entire article quickly the first time. Try and understand the text instead of just simply skimming through it. Spot key words!

DM: -

QR: to save time and stop yourself from looking back on the data/info given, write key info and numbers down on the board given.

AR: skip if you don't instantly recognize the pattern

Hope this helps

thanks so much! do you have any advise specifically for QR?- its my weakest section
Original post by not_jess
thanks so much! do you have any advise specifically for QR?- its my weakest section

Be familiar with your number pad and know your unit conversions. Am sorry that I don't have more helpful advice. Hope your UCAT goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending