The Student Room Group

Exeter Medicine

Hi,
I recently finished my UCAT and achieved a score of 2530 Band 2. My GCSEs are 999999888 and my predicteds are A*AA (hoping to increase it to all A*s). My work experience include shadowing many doctors in four different wards, care home volunteering, St Johns Ambulance, Covid vaccination centre and much more. Do you think it is worth me applying to Exeter or do I have a chance of rejection/is it risky?

I think @GANFYD indicated in previous years to be shortlisted for Exeter medicine applicants needed at least A*A*A* predicted, so if that is anticipated to be the case this year I would probably not recommend it?

You can read their entry criteria here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/v8media/recruitmentsites/documents/BMBS_Detailed_Admissions_Process_2024_entry_V4.pdf

From what I've read it sounds like you'd realistically need an Exeter score of 95 or above so in the top 3 deciles of UCAT and A*A*A* predicted, if I am reading the table right. Not sure what the deciles are this year but based on previous years I would guess you are not in the 7th/8th/9th decile for UCAT if they are similar.

The exception would be if you meet their contextual offer criteria, which might change the picture somewhat.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I think @GANFYD indicated in previous years to be shortlisted for Exeter medicine applicants needed at least A*A*A* predicted, so if that is anticipated to be the case this year I would probably not recommend it?

You can read their entry criteria here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/v8media/recruitmentsites/documents/BMBS_Detailed_Admissions_Process_2024_entry_V4.pdf

From what I've read it sounds like you'd realistically need an Exeter score of 95 or above so in the top 3 deciles of UCAT and A*A*A* predicted, if I am reading the table right. Not sure what the deciles are this year but based on previous years I would guess you are not in the 7th/8th/9th decile for UCAT if they are similar.

The exception would be if you meet their contextual offer criteria, which might change the picture somewhat.

Can you please tell me how this score is calculated? I cannot figure it out please.
Original post by tatasumo
Can you please tell me how this score is calculated? I cannot figure it out please.

As far as I can tell they determine it from the matrix based on your A-level grades and UCAT decile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending