The Student Room Group

Yr 13 anxiety

I’m very worried about starting yr 13 because I hear lots about the dramatic shift in workload and I’m honestly just tired of learning and trying so hard!
We constantly get told how important a-level grades are if we want to go to a good uni but I just want to get a job! I’m so done with education and I hate exams. Any advice to get through year 13? I have 5 written exams to sit in the summer and I need to gain perspective that exams aren’t the be all and end all of life and that I’m more than my grades or I might go mad! X
y13 will suck unfortunately but if you just want to work then maybe consider degree apprenticeships? you still get your uni degree but youre being paid to do it, many employers will look favourably on you as you will have x years of experience on post grads, no debt etc. if this sounds like something youre interested in then this may help to motivate you to continue pushing throughout the year

outside of that, just remember that this is definitely an important time in your life, but not the most important time in your life. put as much as you can into it and you will likely reap the rewards much later in life, but dont forget that you are a human and not an academic robot that's life is solely focused on education - live a little outside of your studies and it will all become easier

Quick Reply

Latest