The Student Room Group

Help!!

Hi guys,
I rlly need some help I’m in yr 12 and failed maths AS level, so I have to do an extra yr , does anyone know of any sixth form or college that would let me continue to yr 13?
Original post by 22Sarah
Hi guys,
I rlly need some help I’m in yr 12 and failed maths AS level, so I have to do an extra yr , does anyone know of any sixth form or college that would let me continue to yr 13?

There is a reason why they want you to resit year 12, to make sure you develop the skills to do well in your exams. It will do you no favours going into year 13, and struggling with year 13 content as well as year 12 so it would probably be best to resit year 12 and try your best to improve.
Original post by 22Sarah
Hi guys,

Original post by flowersinmyhair
There is a reason why they want you to resit year 12, to make sure you develop the skills to do well in your exams. It will do you no favours going into year 13, and struggling with year 13 content as well as year 12 so it would probably be best to resit year 12 and try your best to improve.

I agree with flowersinnhhair. The school is doing it for your best interest. A Level maths is hard, especially mechanics, the new differentiation and integration methods… You need a solid foundation. As you are now, you will only struggle in the mock exams, and forced to drop A Level maths.

Quick Reply

Latest